GivingData is changing how philanthropy works
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That’s why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they work.
With GivingData's dashboards, workflows, and collaboration tools, foundations can streamline complex processes and transform how they work with their nonprofit partners. The end result is better grants management, healthier relationships, and increased impact.
We are seeking a Director of Operations who thrives on making companies like ours run smoothly and scale quickly. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup where you can grow into increasingly senior roles, while contributing meaningfully to our company’s continued growth and success.
As Director of Operations, you’ll be responsible for implementing and managing processes, policies, tools, and documentation across the organization to help us scale efficiently. The role requires a person with an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable wearing many hats, and able to meet the evolving operational needs of a growing SaaS company.
We’re looking for someone who can:
Optimize Systems and Processes
- Work with senior leadership to ensure company financial reporting is accurate and available for quarterly board meetings and monthly and ad hoc internal leadership meetings.
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure continued growth in a scalable way with well-designed and repeatable processes.
- Implement (where needed) and manage key finance and admin systems and their integrations with third-party platforms, including but not limited to:
- Quickbooks Online
- Hubspot (integration w/ SaaSOptics)
- Client subscription and renewal processes in partnership with members of the Client Success and Business Development teams.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Contract management. Work with senior leadership and Business Development team to prepare, negotiate, and ensure accuracy of client and vendor contracts.
Support People & Culture
- Manage HR systems and processes including:
- Company HR policies
- New staff onboarding
- Benefits. Assist in planning, designing, and implementing new company-wide benefit plans with the support of senior leadership. Ensure annual enrollment process through Justworks runs smoothly, including preparation of Summary Plan Descriptions and any other communications to help assist employees in making the right decisions and ensure efficient onboarding and education.
- Serving as a primary contact for employees, vendors, and third-party administrators regarding benefits-related issues or questions.
- Hiring and recruiting. Manage job opportunities in Breezy.hr platform
- Within Justworks, ensure compliance for state and federal level filings, ACA reporting, and all other necessary filings are done accurately & timely.
- Review benefit contracts, government forms, policies & regulations to ensure compliance as needed.
- With the Product Development team, support other compliance efforts related to the SaaS product and information security (SOC 2, GDPR, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of operations experience.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management within and outside the company.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of financial reporting and personnel administration.
- Excellent IT proficiency and adaptability to learn new software.
- Very analytical and understands data to drive decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to remain self-motivated, able to work autonomously, and drive projects forward.
- Extremely organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with office management, systems, and procedures.
- Familiarity with human resources management.
Why join GivingData?
- A purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- Competitive compensation with bonus payouts tied to performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.